Old 02-26-14, 11:31 PM
never_recover
Newbie?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The official Sheldon-approved terminology is "Doris" (can't find a link anymore, but I see Sheldon now has a Wikipedia entry, which is very nice, I should do the french version one of these days)...

Also more importantly from OP's sig:

"Elvis would have needed to cycle 160.74 miles at 17 mph to burn off his 65,000-calorie daily intake. Conclusion: What killed Elvis was his chronic lack of cycling."

Well.. I'm currently trying to get back in shape for cycling season (from ~160 to ~145-140 at ~6'0 feet tall).. As you don't get to single digit body fat % by accident, I'm in calorie counting mode and I can tell you there's a huge typo in here...

That has to be 6,500 kilo-calories instead, which is actually pretty accurate, don't know where that number comes from but if I remember correctly from my distance-cycling days, my powertap gives me around 5'000 KJ for 200 km in the mountains, i.e. around 125 miles...

And *everyone* knows 1KJ out == 1KCal burned (being sarcastic, I'd like to see a real study on metabolism efficiency one day)..

Now, Elvis was not 160 pounds so I can't even imagine the kind of suffering he would have gone through to do a 200 km mountain ride..

Last edited by never_recover; 02-26-14 at 11:34 PM.