Old 02-27-14, 01:18 PM
noglider 
aka Tom Reingold

Bikes: 1962 Rudge Sports, 1971 Raleigh Super Course, 1971 Raleigh Pro Track, 1974 Raleigh International, 1975 Viscount Fixie, 1982 McLean, 1996 Lemond (Ti), 2002 Burley Zydeco tandem

Mentioned: 511 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7354 Post(s)
Liked 2,488 Times in 1,443 Posts
That Western Flyer is gorgeous!

But in my mind, most English 3-speeds are closer to each other in value than the market says. I've sold quite a few at around $150.

I bought my Rudge and a ladies 3-speed at the same time, at an estate sale. I paid $30 for the pair of bicycles!

Do you know how much you're willing to spend? I'd say if you're willing to pay $150 to $200 for the purchase plus another $90 to ship it, you could have one in no time. One of us here in the northeast can pick up a bike for you easily. They are common here. They are a lot less common in western states.

In fact, there is a pair in the basement of my building, owned by a married couple. They don't ride them any more. I spoke with the husband and offered to find new homes for the bikes. He doesn't even remember owning them! So he said he doesn't care. He's tall, and his bike is has a 23" frame. How tall are you? The couple now has a pair of more modern bikes.

“When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments.” — Elizabeth West, US author

Please email me rather than PM'ing me. Thanks.