View Single Post
Old 03-01-14, 02:23 PM
reptilezs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by lopek77
And that's why I'm not taking my bike to LBS anymore...tired of all the BS coming from their mouth, and lousy service.
Believe it or not, but one year I invested a lot of time and money to visit 11 LBS just to find the one I trust. All of them did bunch of newbie mistakes but one. Most issues were with not tightening QC, grease on the rotors, wrong chain, not keeping promises and stuff like that.
The one that did everything perfectly is run by older guy /world wide known person in cycling, boxing and healthy body technics/. His mechanic is also "veteran" of bicycle mechanics. They are proud of their work, and they provide excellent and the best service around. They are also known to "refuse" the sale if they know that your choice is not what is good for you. Its a shame that only 1 store in 11 can do stuff right...
the stories i hear of other shops with 3 week turn around times is painful. our turn around is 2-3 days if no special order is needed. if you need a special order then your bike is ready in a week. all of our mechanics are pretty young, 20s-30s but many have been in the industry for 10-20yrs. when we refuse service it is better for us and the customer. we also explain why we refuse or why we choose to replace rather than overhaul/rebuild.