Old 03-03-14, 06:58 AM
mrodgers

Bikes: 2014 Giant Escape 1

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 20 Posts
Since I ordered my Escape 1 on Saturday, even if the weather warms up now, I'm not taking my first ride of 2014 on the Walmart bike. That is now my daughter's bike if she wants to go with me and to see if she'd ride enough to warrant spending the money on a good bike for her.

Once it comes in (hopefully the end of the week for next weekend) I'll try my best to get 100 miles in for March. Actually, that wouldn't be to hard to do, I think I was doing 200 last year per month for the 3 months I rode. I can't remember exactly what I was doing as it's been so long since I've been on the bike.

Wish I could have ridden Saturday, weather was fantastic. Weather was also fantastic for replacing the brakes on my wife's car though along with having to run for a new battery, stopping at the bike shop while in town for the battery, and preparing for a 40th anniversary party for my in-laws, there just wasn't any time to go out on the bike for the first time.

Perhaps I should take a ride on the ole Walmart job sometime this week. That will make next week's ride on the new Giant all the more sweeter