Old 03-04-14, 04:56 AM
nymtber

Bikes: See Signature...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LONO100
thanks for the tips NY, the little donuts are all worn out, i will probably have to get new ones because they keep sliding to the bottom. as for the shifter cables, it only looks like it from the picture, but the shifter cable on the right is routed to the right side of the down tube. you can see it ever so slightly in the top of the last pic.
cut the donuts right off. No need for them on down-tube cable routing, they are always going to migrate towards the bottom bracket from vibration and cause more headaches... I've owned quite a few bikes with down-tube cable routing, never one with donuts

Can you take a close-up of the cable connection at the FD? It looks....off in that pic. And a pic so we can see alignment of the FD on the chainring (on large chainring). If its not parallel and at the right height, it can be problemtic (speaking from 13+ years of doing my own building - yep been there!)

Otherwise...I dunno. I Always fine tune on the bike myself. They shift a tiny bit different for me than in the stand.