gc3
Falls Downalot

Bikes: Now I Got Two

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lsberrios1
Fair enough. I thought it was some kind of interesting history like a bike that was deemed too fast for production by mark cavendish and was put on the back burner but it somehow leaked out of the factory and now a privileged few get to ride this insanely stiff and quick Specialized P-Black Unobtanium edition... Peeeeoooshh (special effect)
Nope...just another marketing ploy by Spesh in 2011 model year to distinguish a relatively few copies of Tarmac, Roubaix, and S-Works frames in their never ending attempt to extract maximum dollar from unsuspecting masses. Frames were absolutely identical materials and geometry to the "standard colorway" versions, but you could own one (as I did) in the misguided belief you were somehow different than the thousands and millions of other Spesh bikes you see every day on your rides, because your frame only had one huge obnoxious logo instead of many obnoxious logos. To their credit, Spesh isn't the only company that does this stuff, and they also didn't charge a premium for the limited edition IIRC.

Last edited by gc3; 03-04-14 at 05:53 PM.