View Single Post
Old 03-09-14, 09:04 AM
Heathpack 
Has a magic bike

Bikes: 2018 Scott Spark, 2015 Fuji Norcom Straight, 2014 BMC GF01, 2013 Trek Madone

Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4456 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 157 Posts
Originally Posted by Heathpack
@Machka Congrats on your rides! I know last week was not what you wanted, but it has been a long way back for you, just finishing was an achievement. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
@Carbonfiberboy hardcore, dude! I don't think I would make it in the PNW, riding in the cold rain sounds like no fun to me. I'd give up in an instant, so color me impressed.

Yesterday, I had a frustrating day dealing with LBS about my new bike, but I don't even really want to post about that, it's just too annoying. Got home an hour before sunset, and managed a 25ish mile ride. I took out my frustrations by pedaling fast. Yesterday was my first ride of considerable distance in which my average cadence was in the triple digits- 101 ave cadence for a 90 min ride. I was very happy with the ride, so that semi-salvaged my day.

Today I had scheduled in a big (for me) climbing ride, but my friends bike had to go into the shop yesterday, so he is out. I really don't like riding these narrow, no shoulder, sometimes-along-a-cliffs-edge, no cell reception canyon roads as a solo woman, so I'm not sure what I'll wind up doing today. It's just that kind of weekend, I guess.

H
Yay! Found two friends to do some climbing with, maybe my weekend will not be so bad after all!

H