Old 03-09-14, 12:35 PM
surgeonstone

Bikes: 1976 FRESCHI, 2004 Crumpton.

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 925 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Long Tom
Y'know... it's ironic that injury lawyers are viewed as the worst of the worst. In fact, it's just opposite. This isn't a corporate lawyer suing a small business into bankruptcy to eliminate competition... it's not a lawyer your neighbor sic'ed on you because your fence is 3" too high... and it's not a lawyer greedily milking the process in a dispute between a home builder and a buyer... nor trying to screw one side in a divorce.

An injury lawyer is actually an honorable profession. Think about it. They help someone who was physically injured by someone else get fairly compensated- almost always via insurance. They are doing something good.

Going through a claims process for an accident with fatalities (not me, haha) and a serious brain injury (me, not haha) made me realize that the other side does NOT play fair when the money gets big. You need representation. An injury attorney is an entirely necessary entity and as I said, the most honorable of the species IMHO.
You are quite right. I hold the profession in high esteem and often think that had I not liked medicine so much I would have veered towards law. My wife is now working with a very good injury lawyer trying to recap considerable damages after being hit by a drunk driver going 90. I am very thankful for his services.