Old 10-06-05, 03:21 PM
phillybill

Bikes: paratrooper, bullhead, cdale bad boy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by boydbl
Thank you for taking the time to reply. I appreciate your opinion because you have the two bikes it has come down to. I was today riding the 7300fx because of price and ready to purchase thursday. What makes it really hard is that the Trek bikes and Jamis Coda are at two different stores so I can't get them side by side to test. Neither do I feel that I am getting an unbiased opinion regarding the competing bikes from either LBS since they of course both want my business.

I can tell on this site that while people are mostly helpful that it may get tiresome helping newbies with their first purchase. This, for me, far outweighs my decision process of purchasing a plasma tv after having the same old tv for many many years. There are just so many terms, components, acronyms, philosophies that it's impossible to be 100% confident with the decision. At some point, I think I just have to jump in and live with my decision.

Again, many thanks to everyone who has taken the time to give me their opinion.
The big difference is that the Reynolds 520 steel frame gives a great ride. And the components are better. There are lots of people that love the Trek, it is a good bike. But I put allot of mikes on my commuting bikes and over the long haul, I feel less beat up and jarred when riding the Jamis frames.