Old 03-12-14, 11:33 PM
keyven

Bikes: Fully customized 11-spd MTB built on 2014 Santa Cruz 5010 frame; Brompton S2E-X 2014; Brompton M3E 2014

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hermespan
For me the deal breaker is not purchase price or small differences in performance or features. It is also not the ethical questions involving copyright. It is after-sales CUSTOMER SERVICE and availability of parts and service in India, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia, etc. I will also be taking my golfing bike to West Africa briefly. If Brompton vs. Flamingo London is anything like Apple vs. Samsung it is worth paying 50% more.

I would like to hear from those who have harrowing experiences getting their Brompton or Brompton wannabees repaired or replaced in Mongolia and Tunisia. Off-brand is OK if you are in Taipei (and New York City?) but how about frequent travellers to the developing world?

Or am I going to be SOL with *any* folding bicycle in Ghana and Ukraine? Enquiring minds want to know.
I'm now quite interested in getting a V8 as a secondary bike... it seems like a decent folder at a decent price. Mostly, I'm worried about the FCB equivalent. Apparently the V8 does have an equivalent, but the local distributor doesn't have stock atm.