View Single Post
Old 03-13-14, 06:16 AM
canam73

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Bob Dopolina
No. I have a life and wasn't waiting for your responses. Sorry. And it was a day later for you, maybe, but I live on the other side of the planet and it was still the same day for me: morning vs evening.

Get past my typo and focus on the math and my main point which is about tolerances.

Edit: Jeebus, I am such an idiot sometimes.

I just went back to the FLO site and their tolerance is listed as 20g. I could have sworn it was 20% which was why my mind was completely blown.

20g puts them back in what I would expect but still doesn't account for the weight of the rims. They still seem too heavy.
So you understand my comments on personally observed weight discrepancies? Sorry for not recognizing your typo if that's what it was, but when you are blasting one company for a + or - 20 grams it would make more sense to be proud of a 5 gram + or - than a 5% one.

Now, getting back to the effect that weight may have, you may have seen I used your example of an hour crit with 200 accelerations as my model. I would seriously like to know what you think of it.