Old 03-14-14, 08:04 AM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4361 Post(s)
Liked 4,002 Times in 2,671 Posts
Originally Posted by tshelver
I don't buy into the big US brandnames anymore.

Teva sandals: delaminated soles on 2 pairs now, both top end models (FI3 was the last). Looking at both, same story: substandard glue, very minimally applied.
I have a pair of Teva flip-flops that lasted 9 years of hard use and the only reason I stopped wearing them is due to them finally wearing out in the back enough to wear they just weren't comfortable enough. I also have two pairs of Teva shoes that are holding up just dandy (though haven't had them over a year yet but they get worn hard). I am not saying that Teva is perfect or that what you had happen didn't happen because obviously it did or you wouldn't say what you said, however I am saying they have worked well in my case. Though to that point, some brands make some great products that work well and as they get bigger some of their other stuff falls by the wayside.