Old 03-15-14, 12:14 PM
Fahrenheit531 
52psi

Bikes: Schwinn Volare ('78); Raleigh Competition GS ('79)

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 790 Post(s)
Liked 802 Times in 391 Posts
MAN, I wish I were able to pick this one up for my wife. She would FREAK. Supernice mixte.
MINT Pink Metal 1984 LOTUS Excelle mixte Road Bike-- 54cm Medium
[h=2]MINT Pink Metal 1984 LOTUS Excelle mixte Road Bike-- 54cm Medium - $300 (Capitol Hill)[/h]

This is the nicest, cleanest, and lightest Lotus I have ever seen. The rare pink color is so beautiful. A one owner bike purchased brand new in 1984, rode once around the block, and then stored for 30 years. Frame is lightweight and strong double butted Tange Mangaloy 2001 steel. Shimano components. Maillard hubs, alloy wheelset, precise shifting, light action brakes that easily modulate speed and can stop the bike swiftly. Frame and components are in a solid 9 or 9.5/10 condition with absolutely no rust or corrosion anywhere and barely even a paint chip; paint is still super glossy! Bike was just tuned and oiled and needs nothing whatsoever, but a new rider! 54 cm frame, best for someone 5'3"-5'6'' or. Email/call/text 425-772-8850. $300 firm. Thanks.

This is an unusual commuter roadie. A Lotus Excelle mixte in a fabulous color and mint condition. Based on my experience, this color does not correspond with the model/year. The components and detailing indicate this is an 1984 Excelle, but that model only came in Silver, Ice Blue, and Burgundy. At least those are the only colors I have ever seen. This bike looks pink, not Burgundy or faded Burgundy. This pink looks like the Raspberry Pink of the 1983 Super Pro Aero! So this model/color is new to me. Totally worth $300.
A race bike in any era is a highly personal choice that at its "best" balances the requirements of fit, weight, handling, durability and cost tempered by the willingness to toss it and oneself down the pavement at considerable speed. ~Bandera

Last edited by Fahrenheit531; 03-15-14 at 12:17 PM.