Old 10-07-05, 06:29 AM
macintheus
It's about the ride.

Bikes: Trek 7500fx Disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have the Trek 7500fx Disc. I have had a lot of fun with it, using it for workout rides and commuting. I did my first century on it this summer -- nearly killed me -- but no problems with the bike

I do currently have a problem with it though -- actually, a couple. After about 1300 miles from new I popped a couple of spokes on the back wheel within the space of a week -- without hitting any major bumps or anything. My LBS (where I bought it) has been kind enough to look into it. Apparently, Trek have said there is a problem with the wheels on the 7500fx DISC. They have replaced the wheels once, but the bike feels heavier and sluggish with the new wheels. It turns out they gave me a bit of a downgrade and now my LBS is trying to get a better wheel from them. Trek are having a problem finding something comparable to the original wheels (evidently, because of the disc situation), and so I'll wait to see what happens.

Also, the pedals kinda fell apart -- both of them. That is, the reflectors broke and fell off and the LBS was unable to repare them. They (LBS) were kind enough to replace the pedals and are notifying Trek of the problem.

One other thing -- probably minor, but annoying -- is that the handlebars creak like crazy when I'm standing pushing uphill -- it makes me wonder if they're going to snap. I've asked the LBS about this but they haven't found a solution.

Other than that, it's been a great bike. I wonder has anyone had similar problems with a 7500fx?

Last edited by macintheus; 10-07-05 at 08:02 AM.