Old 03-19-14, 09:19 AM
mulveyr 

Bikes: Specialized Diverge, Box Dog Pelican, 1991 Cannondale tandem

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SpookyReverb
Last summer I got a C17. I really, really like it. It is super comfortable and (yes, I know looks aren't everything, but...) it looks amazing.
So, a couple of months ago or so, I filled out the Brooks survey/questionnaire saying I'd love to be a tester for the new model in the Cambium series. I figured, "Why not?"

Well, today DHL delivered the new model for me to test! The Brooks Cambium C17 Carved. This particular post is going to be just photos (I am pretty excited, I don't often get luck like this). I hope to get some good mileage on it in the next week or so and will return with any thoughts I've had. I'm guessing a few of you guys are getting them delivered, too.

I'm posting this in the Classic & Vintage forum because it seems like a good fit (and the original Cambium thread lives in here). My bike isn't vintage, but wishes it was.

Mine showed up this week as well. ( Shipped from Italy on Friday, arrived in New York on Monday at 11:00AM. We're living in the future! )

One thing I noticed right away is that is actually seems stiffer than my original Cambium I bought last year. I don't know if that's because the carved might be using thicker rubber, or my original is simply stretched a bit, but it definitely flexes less.

This will be going on my wife's bike for testing, and it's a heck of a step up from her current generic saddle. ;-)