Old 03-20-14, 12:54 AM
Team Sarcasm

Bikes: One with square wheels

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by igotyofire
So I demoed my first CAAD10 (2013 SRAM FORCE) & holy crap this is an amazing & smooth & fast accelerating feeling bike. I liked the responsiveness & the way the power gets put down better then the low end Supersix I rode immediately after. It was also my first time trying SRAM which I was quite impressed with. I currently ride a Carbon bike and the CAAD10 felt great! So much so I must find one. The CAAD10 feels like a nice Carbon bike. I want to join the CAAD10 Cult but only flat/matte black will due. I explored painting options and it seems that is just money down the hole($400?). Found some great deals on 2013 BLK INC, but refuse to buy since I cant upgrade it to a mechanical group. I must either get a 2014 CAAD10 3, or 2014 Black Inc the later of which a little hard to justify price-wise but it does have the SRAM & I wouldn't need to change a single thing ever other then maybe a seat. I am trying to convince myself now that I probably would spend the same amount as the current BLK Inc cost over the course of 1-2 years with upgrades so maybe its cheaper bite the bullet. I think I would be pretty happy geting the 2013 SRAM FORCE model and possibly attempt to paint a flat/matte black myself. My current bike is a FELT Z4 which I will probably keep, but I need to join the CULT!
If you're going to paint it buy a used frame and build up a bike how you want it. Repainting the frame will void the whole warranty. As far as ultegra v sram, personal preference. If I were you, I would get the 3 and save money. Shifting is shifting. Then when you need to replace everything, upgrade to sram.

Gives you motivation to ride at least

But if you can afford the black inc then why not. I settled for a color choice was not fond of and even though it's growing on me, it still has a ways to go.