View Single Post
Old 03-20-14, 04:55 PM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5792 Post(s)
Liked 2,583 Times in 1,432 Posts
Originally Posted by DiabloScott
We can all certainly understand this, but I wonder if anybody's ever really been sued for a negligent glue job (besides not gluing at all - which WOULD be negligent).
There's no knowing if anybody has ever been sued, or ended up making a settlement. However, whenever a tire rolls (which can happen for a variety of reasons) the glue job is first up to be blamed. Read the various threads here about glue rituals, and know that no dealer is going to do all that,m unless he charges dearly.

Years ago I used to import tubulars for a number of years, and a brand of glue for them. The two went hand in hand, and my products liability coverage included both together as a single class. Later when I stopped the tires, I continued selling the glue. However my insurance rate didn't drop, so with a miniscule base to spread it out on, selling the glue became a losing proposition and I ended it.

So, for many, gluing tires is a possible source of acrimony (if not lawsuit) and not worth it except for known clients.

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

Just because I'm tired of arguing, doesn't mean you're right.

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.