View Single Post
Old 03-23-14, 09:27 PM
dro.pru

Bikes: Windsor Hour Track Frame, Motobecane Cafe Fixed, Gravity Road Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
carelton: I thought they didn't make 12T cogs for fixed....

i had a roller race in the beginning of march and the gear restriction was 51:14. I don't think I could run that at a track anytime soon. I've been road riding on 49:18 working on cadence and efforts. Some decent hills where I live (nothing like the AZ climbs gtrob just finished)so the uphills I put the effort and then on the other side work on the spinning. I was never good at spinning.

Went for two rides last week, both with flat tires before the terminus (and not riding with spares...tsk tsk... i know). So that was eh.... I also started spring off with popping a tendon in my middle finger at work (dalai probably knows how/why)...it's healing nicely and I should still be able to wrap my hands around handlebars. Regardless, both rides felt great until they were cut short. Maybe it is just excitement that spring is here, maybe it is actual improvement.

I just bought my USAC license and my track's season pass is next as soon as I get my paycheck this week. So there is no turning back now from the season

Also upgraded my wheels (Surly hubs to velocity rims) and crankset/bottom bracket (Miche advanced). Humble upgrades with noticeable improvements than what came on the stock Windsor Hour. (eventually change everything and upgrade the frame as time/money permits)