Old 03-26-14, 07:50 PM
keyven

Bikes: Fully customized 11-spd MTB built on 2014 Santa Cruz 5010 frame; Brompton S2E-X 2014; Brompton M3E 2014

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeyBike
Besides inside of your head, where is this safest place imaginable where EVERYONE INCLUDING MOTOR VEHICLES obeys traffic laws? I have traveled all over the USofA by bicycle and motor vehicle and have yet to find such a place.

My promise to you and everyone here: The day comes when I can drive a car from New York to Los Angeles and even HALF of the motor vehicles on the road are driving AT or BELOW the posted speed LIMIT - I will stop my bicycle for every red light for the rest of my life. 'Till then, y'all kin jest eet mah showerts.
Well, this guy is the reason why cyclists should have licenses and license plates

By his logic, most motorists are a hazard. That would generally extend to cyclists, who probably have a similar proportion of morons, especially most cyclists are also drivers, but many are ignorant of cycling laws or simply ignore it like JoeyBike.

It's also this pervasive need to automatically blame any wrongdoings on the motorist.

Cause unknown? Must be the motorist.
Both at fault? Motorist should have taken more care.
Cyclist at fault? Yeah, but if the motorist was driving more slowly/carefully he could have avoided the accident.

As such, it's almost impossible to improve the situation because cyclists rarely take full responsibility for their actions. Acting as the victim ALL THE TIME simply muddies the water and does little to force cyclists to look themselves in the mirror, thus encouraging people like Joeybike.

I've little doubt if he ever gets into an accident due to his own 'need for speed', he would deny all responsibility.