Old 03-30-14, 02:22 AM
NoviceJohn

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If you're new and want to ride in a group, I'll suggest you to go online (mainly youtube) and learn the etiquette of group riding before you go on one. It's nothing much. Just learn the basics like hand signals and different shouts / terms riders use to keep the group safe. Nice groups will let you learn the rest on the ride. Also, I suggest finding a group/ride that has a "no drop" rule meaning the group will not leave you behind if you go too slow. No drop rides may detach from you for a little bit (when you go too slow) but the group would, at least, stop at a stop sign or somewhere to let you catch up before the group continues. One last thing. NO GROUP RIDES WILL EVER LET YOU WEAR EARBUDS (if you wear them on your solo rides) so if you cannot ride more than 15 miles (30-45 minutes or more) without getting bored, you're either not going to like it or you'll be riding home yourself because you got too bored on the ride. I personally can ride for hours without getting bored because when you're that mode, time just flies by.