Old 03-31-14, 08:34 PM
MikeRides

Bikes: Trek 1.1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeRides
Tried commuting on my old mountain bike*yesterday in heavy rain, got all of 3 miles down the road and said f**k this and turned around for the car.

I noticed something wrong on my last commute (Wednesday) and decided to clean and tune up my bike. Ended up replacing a chain, rear brake pads and cable. The cassette will probably need replacing by next year. Wasn't expecting these items to wear so quickly (only had the bike for a year). Lubed it up, and went for a test ride to make sure everything was OK.
40° + 12 MPH crosswinds + rolling hills = 2 miles

3/28: 6 miles (mountain bike in the rain, found out commuting in heavy rain doesn't interest me one bit)
3/29: 2 miles (test ride after fixing up my hybrid)

MTD: 363 miles (goal: 400 - may JUST make it)
Rained yesterday (3/30) and thought it was going to rain this morning (3/31) so I drove. I still got a very short ride this evening.

3/31: 2.6 miles (working on speed, my averages this year have gone back to the beginning ~12mph, hopefully I can get back up to 15 MPH by July)

MTD: 365.6 mile
s - Didn't make my goal this month, had I known it wasn't going to rain today I would've commuted and exceed my goal. Oh well.

Onto April, and hopefully some warmer weather! April goal: 200 miles ( Just to be safe )

Last edited by MikeRides; 03-31-14 at 08:39 PM.