Old 04-01-14, 02:06 PM
grolby

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked 86 Times in 60 Posts
Originally Posted by Creatre
Well, it's been a long couple weeks. Back from Europe. Thanks all for the advice, did lots of walking, and hit as many sights and places as possible! Had fun and lots of memories. Did not enjoy the trip back with 30+ hours of traveling, after missing my flight because of a subway construction in London, and delays in Newark because of weather, which landed me with STILL no luggage.

Unfortunately I broke up with my girlfriend. She's studying abroad in England and the reason I went over there in the first place. I mentioned some of my concerns with the relationship in this thread before I think, I won't bring them up again in detail, but basically maturity, long distance, places in life, etc. But pretty much during the trip I decided even though I loved her and wished things would work, I needed to move on. So I ended things. She is completely destroyed (timing was obviously not great with trip and I'm not sure she ever thought I'd really do it), and I'm not doing much better, actually quite torn up and feeling really guilty. But I know it was the right thing to do, just really is gonna suck for a bit.
Bummer, man. But probably the right move given how you've been feeling. Sticking by something and trying to make it work when you're clearly pulling in different directions is seldom the smart choice, and waiting for the situation to change means paying some serious opportunity cost on better times that could be had. Good luck! And hang tough.