Old 04-01-14, 06:39 PM
revchuck 
OMC

Bikes: Specialized Allez Sprint, Look 585, Specialized Allez Comp Race

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 461 Post(s)
Liked 116 Times in 49 Posts
One of the advantages of being retired from the US military is that you get health insurance for life. The downside of that is that doctors are reimbursed at the same rates as Medicare, so a lot of doctors don't accept the insurance and some of those who do are less than sterling practitioners.

I broke my collarbone last Saturday at a race, and first thing Monday morning found out which ortho guys accepted Tricare and called for an appointment. I was told they'd get back with me when they checked their schedule. No call back yesterday, so I called this morning and the receptionist said she'd check with the doc again. I called back at 4:30 and she had no answer - not her fault, she just answers the phone, so I couldn't get mad at her. I'll call again in the morning, and if no answer, I've already got the phone number of another doc.

How effin' hard can it be to check a schedule and get back to someone? If the office operates at such a low standard, I'm not sure I want that guy cutting on me anyway.

Demain, on roule!