View Single Post
Old 04-01-14, 07:09 PM
budkid

Bikes: 2013 Velovie Vitesse 400

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Theres a lot of good input for rides in the Bay Area. I have some for the Monterey/Carmel area.

Bike Ride Profile | Weaving through tourists near Carmel | Times and Records | Strava
Pretty much a great scenic ride. I started off in the small town of Carmel at the Mission and 8th Parking lot. Theres a lot of free parking at the beach area. But you could do this ride either starting from Monterey or Carmel. Its an out and back ride that takes you through Carmel Beach, 17 Mile drive, Asilomar, and Monterey. Theres a nice bike path, but as you seee from the title, you will be weaving through tourists.

Bike Ride Profile | 17 mile Dr. quickie lap near Carmel | Times and Records | Strava
Alternative loop if you want some climbing.

Bike Ride Profile | Home sweet home..Monterey Metric while dodging tourists near Carmel | Times and Records | Strava
If you want some serious miles, you could ride from Monterey all the way to Castroville. Its a pretty flat ride.

Bike Ride Profile | Laureles Grade...you always kick my butt. near Carmel | Times and Records | Strava
If you want some climbing, hit up Laureles Grade.

Riding down Hwy 1 from Carmel to Big Sur is also nice but it could get very busy on the weekends. I would suggest riding out very early in the morning to beat the tourist traffic.