Old 04-02-14, 08:16 AM
mgw4jc

Bikes: Cannondale Synapse, Trek 5000 TCT, Giant OCR

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Sorry to bug you...

The naturally wooded and open green areas around a paved pathway provides a good variety of things to do for a yellow jacket. There are flowers and trees and assorted bushes and grasses. One little guy in particular was happily buzzing around in the late afternoon of a summer day two years ago. He was approximately 5 feet 10 inches above the path going about his duties when suddenly he is trapped.

The open air surroundings he was so comfortable in were gone. The new surroundings include some sort of hard porous plastic on three sides. But below him he found a softer surface, with hair follicles protruding from it. Whatever this trap was, it had caught him mid-air and was still moving, going who knows where.

Being in an unsure situation, the yellow jacket immediately went on the offense. "I will plant my stinger in this soft surface as many times as I need to until I am free!" Whack! Smack! Whack! In went the stinger and venom like rapid fire from a machine gun.

Then the hard plastic trap was quickly removed. What seemed like a very long, traumatic experience was suddenly over. He quickly flew away and rushed home to tell his friends and family of his ordeal. One of his friends remarked that he had seen a biker go by and, without stopping, remove his helmet very fast and cry out in pain.