View Single Post
Old 04-02-14, 01:35 PM
Nunymare

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FBinNY
I don't want to start a flame war, and I'm not defending the driver, but what were you doing riding with room for a car to pass on your right? (unless preparing for a left turn).

As I read these threads I find that some people have a knack for finding problem drivers, while others rarely have issues. I know drivers vary around the country, but find it hard to believe that drivers in the metro NY area are so far above average in courtesy and respect for their fellow road users.
Thing is - there wasn't even enough room to pass on the left. It was a blind curve in a neighbourhood which was a part of an T-style intersection. To the right of me was a crosswalk filled with gravel - I take the lane on this particular one because staying to the right would indicate that I am intending to turn right at the intersection (and proceeding through would squish me to the curb or obstruct my path with gravel - these roads are sanded heavily in the winter because they are bus routes) Extremely dangerous driving on the part of that driver. I looked back at him to acknowledge that I know they were there and shook my head that it was unsafe to pass, but of course they still went ahead with it. Too bad I couldn't chase the car down but as I said I did call the plate into the police.

I'm not entirely sure WTF is going on this year with the bad drivers I'm encountering. I've ridden the same route for over 2 years daily and it's never been this bad.