Old 04-02-14, 09:57 PM
ridethecliche
Batüwü Creakcreak

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked 288 Times in 160 Posts
Originally Posted by topflightpro
Lately, I've been wearing boots more than anything else. I have a couple of pairs of Frye boots that I wear to work most days. Now that the summer is coming, I'll probably switch to loafers. But I'm fortunate that I work in an office where I can wear jeans or even shorts if I wanted.

Also, Nordstrom Rack is a great place to check for shoes. It usually has a nice selection of Cole Haan and Allen Edmunds shoes in fairly traditional styles. I've even found nicer things, like Bruno Magli and Ferragamo, though those never fit my feet well.
Bruno's and Ferragamo's are overpriced. You pay for the name.

Allen Edmonds are great, especially at the price though they're definitely less sleek than european brands. I have four pairs of their shoes, one in shell cordovan (which I'm going to sell because what 25 year old needs a pair of 700 dollar shoes?), and they're very comfortable, especially if you find the sweet spot of size in particular lasts.

Originally Posted by grolby
That's my new policy as of a couple years ago, but I'm on a very slow replacement cycle for most of my shoes. So I have totally kickass hiking boots (Zamberlan), some pretty damn good trail running shoes that are my day to day sneaks (Brooks Cascadia), some rad blue leather shoes I wore for my wedding but that aren't really shoes for every day, and the rest are various broken-down pieces of crap that probably don't do me much good.

Damn, I'm getting more and more hipster by the day. I'm comfortable with it, but it's funny sometimes. I just wrote a post about shoes.
I like shoes. STP is having a sale on all their stuff right now and i have a 35% code. It makes wolverine 1000 mile boots 160 bucks for their seconds. I'd pounce if I had the cash and the need for that style of boot.

Originally Posted by echappist
Lol. Maybe instead of going out to Poolesville to meet MDCatV, i should take you to the J Press in DC

Nope, can't afford to be fancy when i have a bike addiction and trying to save for a down payment. My brown AE balmorals were $125 from the AE shoe bank. The other pair (black Park Ave) were for $200, but i don't wear that pair too often.
I like J press. I have a 3-roll-2 light blue SC from them. I had to get rid of my navy blazer because I outgrew it in a couple of months. I have a brooks brothers navy blazer instead now.

The shoe bank is great. I picked up a pair of navy strands recently. The other AE's I have are burgundy park avenues, walnut daltons, and black shell cordovan leeds. I need to put the leeds on ebay. They'll fund a bunch of stuff once I can sell them!