Old 04-03-14, 10:50 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by gforeman
I'm going under the knife next week...

Anyone had this done where they trim the meniscus back? Recovery time?
See these two posts with personal narratives among a few others on the General Cycling Discussion Fourm thread, “Back on Bike after Surgery, yahoo.”

Originally Posted by Northwestrider
Today I was able to jump back on my bike after surgery to repair a torn meniscus. Wow I really have missed it. I waited months hoping that my knee would repair itself as often times happens. In my case it didn't. The surgery was a piece of cake, no real pain after it, I needed no post operative pills, but have had to wait an inordinate amount of time for the swelling to diminish. Physical therapy during the past week has done wonders and I heartily recommend it for anyone that has knee sugary, at least it has worked for me. My first ride today was only 9 tenths of a mile, but felt fantastic. Tomorrow I'll do around 3 miles. Ok that is it. I just had to shout out the wonderful feeling, the weather today was sunny as well.

Originally Posted by RonH
Glad you're back at it.

I've had both knees done (2007 and 2010). I had a sports medicine doc do the surgery…

Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
I have occasionally wondered what is the cycling recovery time after a meniscus repair. Fortunately I have not needed one, but...
Best wishes