Old 04-03-14, 10:53 AM
Lmuir

Bikes: 2006 CAAD 8 (R5000), 2002 Bianchi Giro bad weather bike/ghetto TT setup, very ugly 2001 GT ZRX CX bike, bianchi Brava trainer slave

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
rear wheel flex under sprint/climbing. wheel rebuilt and have tried all the obvious

The rear wheel is a DT Swiss RR465 32 spokes laced to a powertap pro+ (I think, its a few years old, wireless).

The hub has been rebuilt with new bearings, and the wheel has been trued and re-tentioned by a great mechanic.

Bike is a 2002 Bianchi Giro frame with shimano 105 5600 group (10-speed) I will be trying the wheel on my 2006 caad 8 to see if frame flex could be an issue.

So here I am, with a high spoke count wheel that I've heard good things about. fully serviced and inspected by a great mechanic/wheelbuilder. and even with the brakes all the way open (lever almost touches the bars when I brake as hard as possible) I still get rub while sprinting. I am a pretty heavy rider (195 lbs.) but I notice rub even when I'm not putting out crazy power. rubbing starts at around 1000w.

Thoughts? Anything else to try?

I have a ****ty trainer skewer on there, any way a proper skewer could help?

Thanks