Old 04-04-14, 08:50 AM
globecanvas
Ninny

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 686 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I asked because I noticed Battenkill pre-reg was down 20% from last year (2300 vs 2900). Probably multiple factors, including a price increase in that case.

There may be declining participation in general, but I think weather has to be a huge factor. I think 2012 was the no-winter year you are thinking of, I remember 80F days in March. Everybody wanted to be out on their bikes that spring, and only crazy people want to be out on their bikes this spring.

Originally Posted by carpediemracing
I've noticed a few more riders doing day-of race registration. I don't know but I suspect it's related to me telling a lot of people that if a promoter does day-of-race that I prefer to do that. This is because the day-of-race infrastructure is already there, all the money goes to the promoter, and they get a few extra bucks. I've had some blog followers not pre-register but instead do day-of-race every week. I haven't asked them why so I'm just speculating, but the only logical reason is that they are trying to help me out.
That's interesting. I always pre-register when I can, assuming it helps the promoter most to be able to anticipate the turnout.