Old 04-04-14, 10:01 AM
JohnKScott

Bikes: It has two wheels

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by carpediemracing
My tooth hurts a lot, been hurting for a week. Not sure if that's why I'm 3 lbs lighter than a week ago, or if the weighing times weren't synched with me or what. Dentist tomorrow.

Race promoter story, not mine. Can't park on course due to various complaints, can't pee on people's buildings (common sense + law). Promoter sees someone parked on the course at one of the forbidden buildings (specific complaint from that tenant who has security cameras all over the place). Promoter walks to the guy to tell him move the car. Guy is peeing on the building. Promoter tells rider you're out of the race. "But I do this all the time and no one says anything."

So you can see how this might have been my story.

It gets better.

The promoter, at some point before the offender's race, makes sure that the rider is not allowed to start the race. Promoter needs to edit the start list. Checks start list. Guy isn't there. Promoter can't believe it - he tossed the rider out before he even registered.

Later one of the registration people mentions the doctor-racer that had to leave to go to the office. Doctor? Yes, a doctor registered, left to get ready, came right back, and said his office called, he had to leave, and could he have his entry fee back. Promoter asked if they remembered his name.

Yep. Same guy. And, no, he's not a doctor by any stretch of the imagination.

A normal person might have a normal emergency. It could easily be a call from the wife saying "Junior got hurt, we're at the doctor's" or something similar. I'd be out of there in a heartbeat. I wouldn't ask for my money back (because I'm also a promoter) but I could see a regular racer asking for a refund, credit, or something. But to make up that doctor story? In such a tight community?
Heh. That story had everything. Deceit, confrontation, mystery and johnson waving. Thumbs up!