Old 04-04-14, 10:29 AM
shovelhd

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gsteinb
So as idyllic as my work life should be, in actuality I have to deal with some fairly healthy doses of the same crap most folks do. I have to speak to a facilitator later today to prep for a week long meeting that takes place mid april. The gist of the meeting is that one the guiding teacher of our foundation has some serious passive-aggressive issues, a major inability to stay on point long for projects to come to completion, along with some power dynamic control issues. He empowered several committees to run things ( a board of directors and a teacher's council) and then went out and started another organization so he can effectively do whatever he wants when he doesn't like decisions that are made. One of my teaching colleagues retired and named internally the issues with him that led her to this decision. So it's off to Chapel Hill I go to sit in talky meetings that will likely effect no change whatsoever. I'm hoping my wife and I are able to get our gluten free flour mix company off the ground enough that it could replace this. Having made money and not so much money in life, making money was better in many ways. Having been my own boss, and working with others, being the boss was better. I've found it best to rely on family and close friends in life.
I know that deal. The last place I worked, IT was working 7 days a week, from 4am into the evening, and the company would not hire. So a guy in charge of a "special project" wasn't getting enough IT time, so he hires his brother and his brothers girlfriend as consultants, basically starting his own IT shop rather that helping to fix the root cause of the issue.

Good luck with the business venture.