Old 04-06-14, 11:18 AM
qcpmsame 
Semper Fi

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1172 Post(s)
Liked 358 Times in 241 Posts
Nice Bicycle, Scott, I've read a lot about the Focus lines, no one sells them around here, yet, so no one I ride with or even see has one of them. The tests all seem to find them well engineered and built, should offer you a great ride, your Izalco is similarly equipped to my CAAD 10, Mine is only Rival though. The Prologo saddle has been a pleasant surprise for me, I figured it would be a starter and then replaced, it has proven comfortable and has been durable. Your wheels look similar to the Fulcrum Racing7 wheels I have, probably equal to the next level the Racing5, and I heard who makes the stem, seat post and such, they make most of the maker labeled parts out on the market, cannot bring the name to my mind, seems it might be FSA.

The PF30 bottom bracket is a good item, despite a lot of the noise out, they are a good design, they need proper installation, Loctite green level locking liquid and quality grease on the spindle and bearings. When you need to replace the bearings there are better quality bearings available at bearing houses for industrial and automotive work. They are frequently better quality, top level steel and better tolerances in their manufacture. The PF/BB 30 series will serve you fine, just service them like any BB would be serviced.

Again, nice bicycle, the OP will do well with his upgrade to it.

Bill

I Can Do All Things Through Him, Who Gives Me Strength. Philippians 4:13

Last edited by qcpmsame; 04-06-14 at 11:22 AM.