Old 04-06-14, 09:46 PM
carpediemracing 

Bikes: Tsunami road bikes, Dolan DF4 track

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 180 Times in 102 Posts
Originally Posted by Wylde06
Not sure. It was right before the race started so I just took it off. Didn't get a chance to ask him why. I will bring it with me again and ask him next week why.

I did send an email asking if there was some sort of rule I was missing about helmet cams in races.
Promoters are allowed to have their own rules. That's one possibility. I believe there's a media waiver everyone signs when they get their license so a USAC race can have people taking pictures/video without any further ado.

I had one official almost sprain my neck when he tugged super hard on my helmet cam, unannounced, while I was waiting for the race to start. I think he was looking for an excuse to make me take it off. He sort of laughed at me but let me keep the cam on. I wonder if he'd do the same thing to Bahati (it was on the other coast) or any of his ilk.

I had one official tell me to take the helmet cam off because it was "loose equipment". However based on the official's initial warning the official thought the cam was a radio set up. When I pointed out it doesn't communicate the official told me to remove it anyway. I took it off because that's the right thing to do, even if it's not.
"...during the Lance years, being fit became the No. 1 thing. Totally the only thing. It’s a big part of what we do, but fitness is not the only thing. There’s skills, there’s tactics … there’s all kinds of stuff..." Tim Johnson