Old 04-08-14, 06:55 AM
Garfield Cat

Bikes: Cervelo Prodigy

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 478 Post(s)
Liked 87 Times in 67 Posts
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
#1 son has a soccer game in Fountain Valley at Lakeview Park on Saturday (which is ironic, I can't find any evidence of a lake). Anyway, I'm going to try to ride there and back to get some weekend miles in, so I'll probably come down SGRT or LART and go home on SART via this park.

How is Warner ave from the beach east? (Looks like the bike path ends at Newland st, which is where the park is anyway). Google street view shows a lot of construction, which is never fun on a bike.

How is Slater ave from about Graham st. all the way over to SART?

My last option is to ride along PCH and zip north on Newland St and return the same way. Since this is the longest option, I'll probably prefer it unless I'm running late. It looks good on street view - is it?

This is kind of what I'm thinking, but I need an early bail out in case I leave late, which is where Warner/Slater enter into the discussion. Lakeview Park - A bike ride in L.A., CA 80 miles, 1200 feet. Comical.

Thanks!
Since I live in H.B. and my kid went to Lakeview elementary, I would say Newland is the street from PCH to ride, not Warner, not Slater.
One interesting note is Newland goes up into Midway City. Not much of a town, but one famous lady from there, Michelle Pfeifer.

Then back on Newland to PCH to SART. Long but less lights and slow traffic.