Axiom
Fat Cyclist

Bikes: '11 Cannondale SuperSix Dura-Ace

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Null66
Please ensure to give yourself a LOT of credit. You are far healthier because of the activity you have been doing.

Intensity is key to results.
If riding for physical results: try adding intervals, even informal ones.

What's your lifting protocol? I'm a recreational but serious lifter, and see so many people in the gym who are putting in the time, but won't get results. This is mostly due to what people (even trainers) "know" is not supported by science, or worse directly conflicts with what's known. OBTW, an hour lifting is near perfect duration for most goals... So you're golden there...
I split up my routine to target specific areas each day on the week. For instance I'll do legs/calves one day, back another, arms/shoulders the next, chest, etc. Most of my training came from a friend, and a Youtuber Elliott Hulse/Strengthcamp. Machines to warm up, free weights (dumb bells > barbells) for the rest of my lifts. About half a year ago I've swapped leg presses for actual deadlifts, and started including squats in to my routine. And I'm guilty for not always stretching after a workout. I try not to do static stretching before a workout.

So the strength gains are there, which I don't really have an issue with, it's just losing the bodyfat. If I could stick to healthy eating habits like I can stick to working out, it would be so easy.