View Single Post
Old 04-09-14, 10:59 PM
Dave Cutter

Bikes: '17 Access Old Turnpike Gravel bike, '14 Trek 1.1, '13 Cannondale CAAD 10, '98 CAD 2, R300

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1571 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by dd123
The PBS folks were of no help to me. I was left there on my own and only a very youngish boy ~19 years was there to talk to me who knows nothing about fit.

I can definitely feel the difference between PBS and LBS. In LBS, you usually have a owner who likes to interact with you and tries to help you.
But in PBS, I can definitively see the they are just employees.., dont blame them either as I like those guys..

They basically told me buy whatever feels good to you :-)
That has been my experience at the local Performance shop too. I've worked in sales before... and the local Performance here doesn't have a salesperson in the entire store. I can appreciate the value of a good sales person that really knows their trade. But I also enjoyed not having someone trying to "sell" me a bicycle that did not fit me... or my needs.

I felt one "salesperson" at another LBS did try to push me to buy the bicycle that he wanted to sell... instead of the bicycle I wanted to own and ride. It might be best if you can find a friend that cycles to go with you when you're ready to pull the trigger. To help bolster you confidence with your decision.