Old 04-10-14, 09:37 PM
echappist
fuggitivo solitario

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by shovelhd
I don't use flash or pulse. Too distracting. You probably have yours aimed too low. You want it just high enough to avoid drivers flashing their high beams at you. That is how I set mine. Put it up high enough to bother the drivers then drop it down until it doesn't. Make a note of where the beam begins and use that as the set point.
Originally Posted by Creatre
I've never had to use a flashy on the front either. My Niterider does just fine because of it being so bright, but I mount it on the top of my bars. I point it enough at the road that I can see ahead of me (not where I'm at currently), but also so when I'm approaching road signs they light up (reflection). If the road signs are reflecting back, then drivers can see your light.
thanks for the suggestions. will def keep this in mind
Originally Posted by JohnKScott
Must have been something in the air last night. I was going up a small climb on a narrow back road just a half mile from home last night. Obviously it was a "blind" area. Car comes up behind and some a$$hat on a Harley blows by the car that is trying to pass me (did I mention it was a blind area). A car appears at the top of the hill. A$$hat Harley rider just about gets taken out. Horns are honking brakes screeching. Luckily it was all just past me (by feet). It's a sure bet who would have been taken out in that whole cluster**** had things gone just a little bit more sideways.

You'd think the a$$hat on the Harley would effing know better.

Due to my lack of fitness I couldn't get up the hill fast enough to catch any of these jerks and kick their asses
glad that nothing worse happened;