View Single Post
Old 04-11-14, 03:54 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by jimmuller
…Today was another routine 30 mile ride with 8 hours of work in the middle.
FYA, one of my favorite subscribers, It's Just Me, an intrepid commuter from Michigan has as his signature line, “Work: the 8 hours that separates bike rides.” It's nice that you can keep your bike near your desk; it even looks decorative.

Unfortunately for me, this winter has been “Work: the days that separate bike rides.” Nonetheless, this weekend the studded tires come off the beater, and the carbon fiber comes out from winter storage.

Speaking of quotes,

Originally Posted by jimmuller
,,, But I assure you, that wording was as intentional as yours, for it said exactly what I meant and didn't say what I didn't. ("I know what I saw and I know what I didn't see, if you take my meaning." - 10 points to the first BF member who can identify that quote.)…
As an avid triviologist, I did not know that quote, and I know that I did not know that quote. I did a perfunctory Google search, and couldn't find it either.

Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
Anyways, “Hey big fella. How about bending a couple in the Doo Dah Room? If you catch my meaning…if you get my drift.”
I googled my quote, and because I knew what I was looking for found the fragment, “…how about bending a couple in the Doo Dah Room?…,” but with the wrong attribution. Actually, the entire quote is the first entry in the search, with a link back to my post on Bike Forums.

Anyways, the quote should be easily recognized by the cognoscenti.