Old 04-11-14, 04:31 AM
phoebeisis
New Orleans

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by repechage
Don't forget the Concorde was a joint French and British venture.
Must have been a young French temptress that spurned you affection for things French.

I will have to dig out my Huret Jubilee, mine is the slightly heavier version without the factory drilled jockey cage. They worked pretty well, only adaptation I found was that it takes more cable to traverse the cogs. So when I switch bikes I have to relearn how much to move the rear shift lever.

A good argument can be made for the Suntour Cyclone, they do shift well and are just slightly heavier.
Nah-I was never even got close to being spurned.
I think it was the BB cups-or maybe pedals-in any case I spent a lot of time trying to turn something the WRONG WAY
And by a lot of time-I mean several days probably-I was extremely stubborn

Other than French bike components of that era(and my dad owned a mid 1970's Peugeot car that was plenty quirky and spectacularly unreliable-even for that era!) I LIKE the French and French "stuff" movies cars some of the food-and their casual distain for their brit cousins-
Some years back a French Minister of Something made an offhand comment -something to the effect that " almost all british and german men were gay"
ha,ha-no PC there-brits and germans were "not happy"
that strange APACHE DANCE?? QUIRKY!
Yeah French not PC-
Hell they BOMBED GREENPEACE! Who does that!?
Quirky bunch but I like them!