View Single Post
Old 04-11-14, 06:57 AM
carpediemracing 

Bikes: Tsunami road bikes, Dolan DF4 track

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 180 Times in 102 Posts
I can't see how that type of contact would result in a crash on the camera bike's part unless the bars got hooked. If it was just contact then if anyone I'd expect the outside rider to fall (who seemed to hit with the hand/bars). If it were hooked bars then both riders would crash, at least if I was one of them I'd be hitting the deck.

Also how was the bike totaled? Was the frame broken? If it were just the wheel/s or levers or something then I'd consider it not totaled. Frame would be a pain, levers would be the next level of pain since there's so much related to it (cables and such). Cranks Everything else would be pretty straightforward to replace (derailleur, hanger, etc). The bike landed on the non-drive side, it doesn't appear that anyone fell on top, so I don't see how the bike would get totaled. I'm not saying it didn't get totaled, I'm just wondering how it got totaled.

To be fair the guy to the outside didn't need to be so close, but based on what was going on it seemed like he was only marginally off a line that would have avoided all the drama.
"...during the Lance years, being fit became the No. 1 thing. Totally the only thing. It’s a big part of what we do, but fitness is not the only thing. There’s skills, there’s tactics … there’s all kinds of stuff..." Tim Johnson