View Single Post
Old 04-11-14, 08:32 AM
VanceMac

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gtrob
Its not like there are a list of rules people need to hear and suddenly become safer riders.
Nirvana Fallacy. Just because a proposal does not completely and perfectly solve a problem, does not mean it should be dismissed out of hand. No one is saying this is a perfect system. But something is better than nothing, and this seems pretty reasonable to me. I personally think there are two significant issues with lower level racing, and neither has anything whatsoever to do with barriers to the sport (why is everyone worried about barriers when we have ENORMOUS cat 4/5 fields?). First, an almost complete lack of formal education/instruction/guidance. And second, an almost complete lack of accountability for "mistakes" (both intentional and unintentional). I believe the proposal above at least pays lip service to the first. And I think some regions would make it extremely effective. And I'm sure in some regions it would become a rubber stamp... which is exactly what the 10 cat5 race requirement is now.