View Single Post
Old 04-11-14, 11:32 AM
joeyduck

Bikes: 1997 Kona Hahana Race Light, 2010 Surly LHT(deceased), 1999 Rocky Mountain Turbo

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
There were some crazies out this morning.

The first was a guy who signaled to turn right and needed to cross the bike lane. Great and everything, so I signaled and went left behind him. Waiting for him to turn, making eye contact in his mirror. Then he wildly gestures for me to get into the bike lane and not tot be in the "car" lane. Meanwhile traffic is piling up behind us and I am getting scared of someone rear ending us since he was fully stopped.

The second guy was at a stop light. I was first in the go straight or turn left lane at the stop light. There was a bike lane with a slower cyclist to my right. The guy in the car felt I was in his way at the stop light and that I should only be in the bike lane. So he let me know by laying on his horn for about 30 seconds straight. I looked to make sure he wasn't going to nudge me, other than that I just said to the other cyclist, "at least I will be happy when I get to work and he will get there angry." We had a chuckle and went on our way at the green, to more horn blasting. At least he turned left and did not follow me.

There were a few other idiots, but not as notable.

Otherwise it was a nice ride, warm with no wind.