Old 04-11-14, 03:17 PM
Mark Stone
Tractorlegs

Bikes: Schwinn Meridian Single-Speed Tricycle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked 60 Times in 42 Posts
OP: Generally speaking, we have the same laws to follow and responsibilities as cage drivers, with notable exceptions relating to our lack of speed and small size. Your project, should you decide to accept it, is to ride free, and ride safe. Occasionally that means breaking a traffic law, but 99% of the time it doesn't. Here's Trac's Rules:
  • If it's safe and it's legal, do it.
  • If it's safe and it's illegal, but unnecessary, don't do it. Like running a red just cuz.
  • If it's safe and it's illegal, but necessary, do it. Like sitting at a red light in the middle of nowhere and you know your bike didn't trip the signal. You can run that bad boy.
  • If breaking a law is the only way to stay safe, break it. On my commute there is one stretch of road (short fortunately) that I will have nothing to do with, nossir, so I'm up on the sidewalk (illegal in my burg) and dashing through a couple of parking lots. Fortunately pedestrians are as rare as dollars in my wallet, but If I see one on "my" sidewalk I dismount.
  • Law officers are human beings and not stupid. Mostly they will overlook actions a cyclist takes to stay safe.
  • Law officers are human beings and not stupid. They will ticket you for doing dangerous, illegal things, even if your jersey says "Greg Le"Man"