View Single Post
Old 04-13-14, 07:11 AM
Thulsadoom

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac Expert, 2002 TREK 520, Schwinn Mesa WINTER BIKE, Huffy Rock Creek 29er, 1970s-era Ross ten speed. All my bikes are highly modified(except the Tarmac) yet functional, and generally look beat to ****. .

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 88 Times in 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Telly
I've swapped out the butterfly bars for straight bars and have tried them at various heights (now set exactly the same as the saddle) with what you mentioned in mind, since I too prefer riding at a lower stance than upright. Unfortunately there was little to no difference in ride quality.

Just so that you don't misunderstand my problem; I don't mind riding long distances and uphills, etc... but unlike other bikes I've ridden, including the Jamis which would be a great touring bike *if* it didn't have a Nexus 3-speed without provisions for derailleurs, etc), my current tourer's harsh ride tires me out, and it becomes worse when loaded, especially if the load is on the front fork.

Edit: BTW, I goofed on ordering the Marathons since I wanted 700x38's and the German site only had ERTO sizing which was 622x37.
When you say that your bikes harsh ride tires you out, what do mean specifically? Are your hands and wrists sore afterwards? Your butt sore? Just general fatigue?