Old 04-14-14, 05:24 AM
Dudelsack 

Bikes: Lectric Xpedition.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked 96 Times in 46 Posts
Originally Posted by jwalther
Congrats! I gave serious thought to trying, but decided I wasn't quite ready (never done a century, new bike-still working on fit, blahblahblah). I hear there was one monster hill on the route?

I'm aiming for the Horsey Hundred. You?
One monster and two monsterettes. Walked them all. HH lands on my anniversary. Love to do it, but gotta prioritize.

Originally Posted by Carbonfiberboy
This is totally it. Probably the only thing he said that I agree with. Suffer like dogs, you crazy fools! Read Wild. The secret to life and everything is in the last sentence. No fair peeking.

Good job, DS. BTW, I don't think you ate enough. Feeling like you're falling apart is a symptom of low blood sugar. That's really why a stairstep approach to long rides is recommended for those who are starting to do them. Once one figures out the how, the long training rides are no longer necessary.
I don't think that was it. I was well disciplined in calories and fluids. I was just tired as all get out.

Originally Posted by Heathpack
Triple thumbs up! I can't believe your longest ride of the year before this was 35 miles. Good thing I didn't know that before, I would have scolded you mercilessly.

What a great, inspirational effort. You should feel great about it!

H
Epic is stupid that you get away with

Originally Posted by eja_ bottecchia
Is it safe to quote an author who was diagnosed as a paranoid schizophrenic and was consequently treated with electro-shock therapy?

Methinks that's like starting a journey down the proverbial rabbit's hole.

Res non semper sunt quae esse videntur.
Hence the 42i. Great pick-up!

Originally Posted by qcpmsame
His accomplishment may seem romantic and heroic, but I seem to recall he signed up after some sweet young thing mentioned the training for a long event she was doing and Dudel said he immediately proclaimed, coolly, that he was doing a Brevet shortly, that was why he was "training" . What about it buddy? When you see her again you can get puffed up and tell her the war stories
Absoldammlutely! This morning my story will evolve into an effortless cruise in the woods, really just a training ride for something more demanding