View Single Post
Old 04-14-14, 08:08 AM
jsjcat

Bikes: 2013 Trek Madone 4.5, 2013 Trek Domane 4.3, 2009 Trek FX 7.6

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My wife and I have gone on century rides but haven't done any touring. Some people think 20 mile rides are long and they can be if you're not prepared. Normally we ride 30 or so miles in the evening and 50+ on the weekends. I see that some folks carry the "kitchen sink" with them and others not so much. Some folks carry gear in case they encounter someone broke down on the trail. i seem to be analyzing my kit frequently. I carried a small chain breaker but now have taken that out of the bag. At least for our 30 mile rides. Zip ties - I have those but am trying to figure out what I would need them for. Had a bad spill last year on a chip seal road and realized I needed a better first aid kit. A nice lady rider pulled out a zip lock bag full of large bandaids and neosporin which was greatly appreciated. I upgraded my first aid kit. Still can be small with bandaids and packets. A lot depends on your bike but adjustable wrenches, combination wrenches, allen wrenches and combo tool come on! A combination tool has all of the things you need but then again they get bulky and heavy too. What say you?