Old 04-14-14, 12:06 PM
jsjcat

Bikes: 2013 Trek Madone 4.5, 2013 Trek Domane 4.3, 2009 Trek FX 7.6

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Weatherby
I just weighed it all. Wow, this is pushing 14 oz. I could upgrade to a carbon bar but I don't trust them.

Pump: 91 gr

Co2: 82 gr.............need to ditch this one but it so nice.

All the tools: 216 gr

(I did not weigh the duct tape as it is on the frame)

Except the pump which is a small one fit next to the water bottle, this all fits easily into a normal, unextended seat bag. Extended, I can add my EN1150 compliant cycling vest after it warms up.
Everything adds up quickly. I used to have one of those Nashbar "Woody" combination tools but there was so much unneeded items on it and it was so heavy that I just got a little tiny Park model now. I'm trying not to be a weight weanie but sometimes a careful look at what is carried is needed. My wife and I always ride together so I carry most of the tools. I have her carry two tubes and two CO2 cyclinders all of the time. Don't tell her that I just carry one. I have a tiny carbon pump but just pray that I never have to really use it to pump a tire up to 100 lbs. I'll need new hands and arms after that. Might have to carry the "Second Wind" model from Genuine Innovations that I have on my Trek FX if I really plan on getting a bunch of flats. The CO2 cylinders do get heavy if you carry too many. I saw a guy on one of our rides with 4 of them clamped on to his seat tube. Maybe a little overkill? I was just cleaning our bikes up yesterday and took the bags off and thought they were getting awfully heavy. I bet they were more than a pound or more.