Old 04-15-14, 07:59 AM
HotFootPusher00

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I actually picked one up a green '96 one last year off of craigslist for $20 everything worked fine and was in decent shape. it had three small chips in the paint chips on the frame, no seat (zoom seat post fused or frozen in place), and the rear spokes being a little rusted i felt it was good with a little tlc. although i still cant get the seat post out, i love this bike. i tuned it up myself, threw a seat on it, and ride it every chance i can. i ended up disassembling the rims cleaning all parts, and sanded all the rust off of each spoke. i took only 36 of the nipples and lightly sanded off the first layer of finish to expose the brass. i had some left over spay paint from old projects and painted the hubs metallic red, the spokes gold, and the inside of the rim (not the sides) black. when reassembling the wheels after paint i every other spoke nipple with an exposed brass one. it looks awesome like professional "Street Bobber" style wheels everyone likes it. all in all it took me 2 days to do this, but it was worth it.