f4rrest
Farmer tan

Bikes: Allez, SuperSix Evo

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2870 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Hbrown
Just curious, do people think that there are some amatures out there that can beat profesionals? NO? Well guess what, there are. Not everyone can become a profesional, not everyone wants to be. There are prodigies, and people that are naturally gifted.

There are people who have found out later in life that they are pretty good, well past the entry age of profesionals. Some say strap on a number and prove that they are that good. Let me ask you this. How will you feel when a person who has been riding for maybe three years beats you at your so called proving ground. Someone at least 20lbs overweight, never raced a day in his life, only trained by himself, or with freinds. Smoked you in a final sprint!

Then what? He cheated? He must be on a electric bike. He is doing drugs? No, if you check his training pages on Strava, you might get your answers. and saw that this person is indeed good. This person is indeed fast.

Now if I can hit 50+ mph in a sprint, and you say Bull$#it, then you check my pages and see that I have done it regurally. over the length of 2 years. Then what?

Please stop thinking that, only if you wear a number, belong on a team, get camera's shoved in your face, get paid, that there is not anyone out there that can't kick your butt after riding , maybe for the first time. on a rusty old panasonic, with sneakers on.

There is always someone better, always someone faster, maybe Strava is a good way to find these people. Tailwinds? Then how do you explain 10 rides all within seconds of each other. Guess there were tailwinds in all of those rides. (just a foreinstance).

My point from the begining, Strava needs to revamp their flagging proceedure.
Have you tried to resolve your flagged activities by selecting the option "The activity is fine, trust me" instead of getting upset?
Instructions are here.